GPS Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

the winshield mountwon't work

 
 
gator@someware.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
The round ball of the mount won't go in to hole.Try it the house
then went out to the car mounted it on the windshield the part with
ball.Could not get it to connect in the GPS. MOVE it side ways up down
no luck and lean on it what is wrong? Thanks Bob
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Not sure if you have a compatible but I have one of the old C530
Street Pilots and it takes quite a bit of force to make them mate.
Just be careful not to put pressure on the screen. Also you can
check with Garmin and ask if the two are compatible. I assume the
windshield mount came with the GPS so it should be. Hope this
helps.

http://www.gps-forums.net/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> The round ball of the mount won't go in to hole.Try it the house
> then went out to the car mounted it on the windshield the part with
> ball.Could not get it to connect in the GPS. MOVE it side ways up down
> no luck and lean on it what is wrong? Thanks Bob


--
Lee US Army Retired
2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gator@someware.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
2450LM
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sunshine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 04:10 PM
On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
>my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
>it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
>2450LM


That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
you doing before?

 
Reply With Quote
 
tagboy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
On 06/04/2012 9:10 AM, Sunshine wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
>> my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
>> it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
>> 2450LM

>
> That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
> you doing before?
>


He probably just needed the encouragement to force it. With the
amount of pressure necessary to pop it in it seems natural to worry
about damaging something.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Lee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Glad it worked for you! Happy Driving, at my age it is insurance to
make sure I know where I am and where I have to get to. Enjoy!


(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
> my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
> it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
> 2450LM


--
Lee US Army Retired
2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sunshine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 10:22:54 -0700, tagboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 06/04/2012 9:10 AM, Sunshine wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
>>> my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
>>> it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
>>> 2450LM

>>
>> That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
>> you doing before?
>>

>
> He probably just needed the encouragement to force it. With the
>amount of pressure necessary to pop it in it seems natural to worry
>about damaging something.


They must be making them sturdier than they used to.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does area calculation work on the Garmin? Mark General GPS Discussion 9 10-13-2003 07:19 AM
How do those 'tracing' devices work? Scott Coutts General GPS Discussion 1 09-27-2003 09:39 PM
Re: iQue3600 and Mapsource Metroguide Australia work together? Non Toxic General GPS Discussion 3 08-07-2003 08:25 AM
Re: iQue3600 and Mapsource Metroguide Australia work together? Burnie M General GPS Discussion 0 08-07-2003 12:33 AM
GPS Visualizer update: now you can "save your work" Adam Schneider General GPS Discussion 0 07-28-2003 08:26 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM.