TomTom Maps of Ireland

Discussion in 'TomTom' started by Anthony R. Gold, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. I'm considering taking a motoring holiday in Ireland and would like to know
    if there have been any major improvements in TomTom maps recently. My
    current map of "Western and Central Europe" is Tele Atlas v650.1052 and I
    wish to know if any later release is a major improvement in detail in the
    city of Dublin and in rural Kerry and Cork or just maintenance releases for
    subsequent road changes.

    Tony
     
    Anthony R. Gold, Jul 4, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    > I'm considering taking a motoring holiday in Ireland and would like to know
    > if there have been any major improvements in TomTom maps recently. My
    > current map of "Western and Central Europe" is Tele Atlas v650.1052 and I
    > wish to know if any later release is a major improvement in detail in the
    > city of Dublin and in rural Kerry and Cork or just maintenance releases for
    > subsequent road changes.
    >
    > Tony


    Generally speaking Navteq have been better at mapping Ireland. IIRC the
    q2 2006 release had pretty much everything...

    See - http://www.yournav.com/content/n/162/


    From my experience the TeleAtlas maps were less accurate and the
    routings seemed strange if not dangerous.
     
    Des (drop after des to reply), Jul 5, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. The message <>
    from "Anthony R. Gold" <> contains these words:

    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 01:21:09 +0100, "Des (drop after des to reply)"
    > <> wrote:


    > > Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    > >> I'm considering taking a motoring holiday in Ireland and would like
    > >> to know
    > >> if there have been any major improvements in TomTom maps recently. My
    > >> current map of "Western and Central Europe" is Tele Atlas v650.1052 and I
    > >> wish to know if any later release is a major improvement in detail in the
    > >> city of Dublin and in rural Kerry and Cork or just maintenance
    > >> releases for
    > >> subsequent road changes.
    > >>
    > >> Tony

    > >
    > > Generally speaking Navteq have been better at mapping Ireland. IIRC the
    > > q2 2006 release had pretty much everything...
    > >
    > > See - http://www.yournav.com/content/n/162/
    > >
    > >
    > > From my experience the TeleAtlas maps were less accurate and the
    > > routings seemed strange if not dangerous.


    > Many thanks. Do you know which version(s) of TomTom maps include Navteq's
    > mapping of Ireland.


    Um,
    afaik Tomtom use Tele Atlas mapping, end of story.

    --
    Derek

    "Some days you're the pigeon,some days you're the statue"

    Visit http://www.badphorm.co.uk/page.php?2 to see what some British
    ISPs are doing to your online privacy.
     
    Derek MacKeddie, Jul 5, 2008
    #3
  4. Anthony R. Gold

    Stephen King Guest

    You first need to find a leprechaun.
     
    Stephen King, Jul 6, 2008
    #4
  5. Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 01:21:09 +0100, "Des (drop after des to reply)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >>> I'm considering taking a motoring holiday in Ireland and would like to know
    >>> if there have been any major improvements in TomTom maps recently. My
    >>> current map of "Western and Central Europe" is Tele Atlas v650.1052 and I
    >>> wish to know if any later release is a major improvement in detail in the
    >>> city of Dublin and in rural Kerry and Cork or just maintenance releases for
    >>> subsequent road changes.
    >>>
    >>> Tony

    >> Generally speaking Navteq have been better at mapping Ireland. IIRC the
    >> q2 2006 release had pretty much everything...
    >>
    >> See - http://www.yournav.com/content/n/162/
    >>
    >>
    >> From my experience the TeleAtlas maps were less accurate and the
    >> routings seemed strange if not dangerous.

    >
    > Many thanks. Do you know which version(s) of TomTom maps include Navteq's
    > mapping of Ireland.
    >
    > Tony


    I don't. However if you go to www.boards.ie and select the Gadgets forum
    there are old threads there on spotting which TomTom has Navteq and
    which hasn't. If I recall it was difficult to tell from the box label.
     
    Des (drop after des to reply), Jul 8, 2008
    #5
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. CM
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    409
    Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com
    Apr 20, 2006
  2. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    845
    Mark Hewitt
    Aug 17, 2006
  3. Anthony R. Gold

    TomTom Maps of Ireland

    Anthony R. Gold, Jul 4, 2008, in forum: General GPS
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    264
    Des (drop after des to reply)
    Jul 8, 2008
  4. Darren Griffin

    Re: TomTom Maps of Ireland

    Darren Griffin, Jul 7, 2008, in forum: General GPS
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    253
    Anthony R. Gold
    Jul 10, 2008
  5. YU
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    454
Loading...

Share This Page