the winshield mountwon't work

Discussion in 'Garmin' started by gator@someware.net, Apr 6, 2012.

  1. Guest

    The round ball of the mount won't go in to hole.Try it the house
    then went out to the car mounted it on the windshield the part with
    ball.Could not get it to connect in the GPS. MOVE it side ways up down
    no luck and lean on it what is wrong? Thanks Bob
     
    , Apr 6, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Lee Guest

    Not sure if you have a compatible but I have one of the old C530
    Street Pilots and it takes quite a bit of force to make them mate.
    Just be careful not to put pressure on the screen. Also you can
    check with Garmin and ask if the two are compatible. I assume the
    windshield mount came with the GPS so it should be. Hope this
    helps.

    wrote:
    > The round ball of the mount won't go in to hole.Try it the house
    > then went out to the car mounted it on the windshield the part with
    > ball.Could not get it to connect in the GPS. MOVE it side ways up down
    > no luck and lean on it what is wrong? Thanks Bob


    --
    Lee US Army Retired
    2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
    Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
     
    Lee, Apr 6, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Guest

    I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
    my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
    it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
    2450LM
     
    , Apr 6, 2012
    #3
  4. Sunshine Guest

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, wrote:

    >I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
    >my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
    >it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
    >2450LM


    That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
    you doing before?
     
    Sunshine, Apr 6, 2012
    #4
  5. tagboy Guest

    On 06/04/2012 9:10 AM, Sunshine wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, wrote:
    >
    >> I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
    >> my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
    >> it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
    >> 2450LM

    >
    > That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
    > you doing before?
    >


    He probably just needed the encouragement to force it. With the
    amount of pressure necessary to pop it in it seems natural to worry
    about damaging something.
     
    tagboy, Apr 6, 2012
    #5
  6. Lee Guest

    Glad it worked for you! Happy Driving, at my age it is insurance to
    make sure I know where I am and where I have to get to. Enjoy!


    wrote:
    > I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
    > my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
    > it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
    > 2450LM


    --
    Lee US Army Retired
    2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
    Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
     
    Lee, Apr 6, 2012
    #6
  7. Sunshine Guest

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 10:22:54 -0700, tagboy <> wrote:

    >On 06/04/2012 9:10 AM, Sunshine wrote:
    >> On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:02:43 -0400, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I got it. I took the half that connect to the gps off and put it in
    >>> my left hand. the won with the ball in the other hand pushed hard and
    >>> it snap in Thanks took it out now on test run. work great. model
    >>> 2450LM

    >>
    >> That seems like such an obvious solution that I have to ask, what were
    >> you doing before?
    >>

    >
    > He probably just needed the encouragement to force it. With the
    >amount of pressure necessary to pop it in it seems natural to worry
    >about damaging something.


    They must be making them sturdier than they used to.
     
    Sunshine, Apr 6, 2012
    #7
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Adam Schneider

    GPS Visualizer update: now you can "save your work"

    Adam Schneider, Jul 28, 2003, in forum: General GPS
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    258
    Adam Schneider
    Jul 28, 2003
  2. Burnie M
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    219
    Burnie M
    Aug 7, 2003
  3. Non Toxic
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    222
    Burnie M
    Aug 7, 2003
  4. Scott Coutts

    How do those 'tracing' devices work?

    Scott Coutts, Sep 27, 2003, in forum: General GPS
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    305
    Jonathan Race
    Sep 27, 2003
  5. Mark
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    417
    David
    Oct 13, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page