GPS Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

How do I temp disable a gps tracker in my work vehicle ?

 
 
GO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003, 05:37 AM


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sam Wormley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003, 01:43 PM
GO wrote:

Many people in the work place are seen by their peers and employers--this
is not unusual. GPS tracking is typically put in vehicles to for asset
management, efficient routing, etc. If you are paranoid about your employer
knowing were you are then perhaps you don't belong in the workforce.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stratman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003, 06:25 PM

"Sam Wormley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GO wrote:
>
> Many people in the work place are seen by their peers and employers--this
> is not unusual. GPS tracking is typically put in vehicles to for asset
> management, efficient routing, etc. If you are paranoid about your

employer
> knowing were you are then perhaps you don't belong in the workforce.


Why not answer his question, instead of making assumptions about

a) his motives

and

b) his position in the workforce. He may be the Big Cheese!

Before you say the obvious, I don't know the answer, other than to pull a
fuse perhaps.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Sam Wormley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Stratman wrote:
>
> "Sam Wormley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > GO wrote:
> >
> > Many people in the work place are seen by their peers and employers--this
> > is not unusual. GPS tracking is typically put in vehicles to for asset
> > management, efficient routing, etc. If you are paranoid about your

> employer
> > knowing were you are then perhaps you don't belong in the workforce.

>
> Why not answer his question, instead of making assumptions about
>
> a) his motives
>
> and
>
> b) his position in the workforce. He may be the Big Cheese!
>
> Before you say the obvious, I don't know the answer, other than to pull a
> fuse perhaps.


Like tin-snips to the antenna?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pc-Mobile
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2003, 06:53 AM
If he stole the vehicle and want it not to be traced, that is another
matter.

If he wants to temporily disable the tracking, the company will know
about it and he will probably get fired.
(If he asked such question, he probably does not even know that his
company will know).

The advice, though not obvious, is not to do it.
Or go to work with another company that does not do the same.

Sam Wormley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Stratman wrote:
> >
> > "Sam Wormley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > GO wrote:
> > >
> > > Many people in the work place are seen by their peers and employers--this
> > > is not unusual. GPS tracking is typically put in vehicles to for asset
> > > management, efficient routing, etc. If you are paranoid about your

> employer
> > > knowing were you are then perhaps you don't belong in the workforce.

> >
> > Why not answer his question, instead of making assumptions about
> >
> > a) his motives
> >
> > and
> >
> > b) his position in the workforce. He may be the Big Cheese!
> >
> > Before you say the obvious, I don't know the answer, other than to pull a
> > fuse perhaps.

>
> Like tin-snips to the antenna?


Pc-Mobile
----------------------------
http://pc-mobile.net/gps.htm
Reply to http://www.gps-forums.net/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Holger Issle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2003, 07:52 AM
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:43:45 GMT, Sam Wormley wrote:

> Many people in the work place are seen by their peers and employers--this
> is not unusual. GPS tracking is typically put in vehicles to for asset
> management, efficient routing, etc. If you are paranoid about your employer
> knowing were you are then perhaps you don't belong in the workforce.


Without discusssing the results and motives, simply shield the antenna
using a sheet of metal - maybe aluminium will be enough.
--

Ciao,
Holger (GUS-KOTAL, GUS#1100)

90-92 Honda CB400 10 Mm | 93-95 Yamaha TDM 850 26 Mm
95-97 KTM 620 LC4 13 Mm | seit 97 BMW R1100GS 50 Mm (Die Renndrecksau!)

cu @ http://www.issle.de
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mikro-tracker: A gps tracker for seniles RK General GPS Discussion 1 03-18-2006 01:50 PM
What do you all think of this GPS Vehicle Tracker gordo General GPS Discussion 3 01-23-2006 11:52 PM
A GPS tracker in every vehicle will bring many changes Andreas van Hooijdonk Global Navigation Satellite Systems 53 11-16-2005 09:05 AM
A GPS tracker in every vehicle will bring many changes Andreas van Hooijdonk General GPS Discussion 47 11-16-2005 09:05 AM
More to "A GPS tracker in every vehicle" Andreas van Hooijdonk General GPS Discussion 0 11-07-2005 09:25 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.